Welcome to the Opal Class webpage. Here you will find information about the school day as well as our topics and the curriculum objectives we are covering each term!
Miss Denning is the class teacher and Mrs Di-Pisa is our fabulous teaching assistant. Please do pop in to see us if you have any questions regarding your child's progress or wellbeing.
PE is on Tuesdays and Fridays. Please ensure that your child has a change of t-shirt, shorts (joggers can be worn during chillier weather) and suitable PE shoes (daps).T shirts should be white and shorts should be black.
Below is some guidance which will support you and your child in making good progress throughout the year:
• Asking them about what they have learned about in school that day.
• Discussing the topics that are being covered together.
• Reading about the topics at home.
• Visiting the library to find out more about the topics for the term.
• Bringing anything relevant into school to share with the class if your child would like to.
- Practising spellings (see list below)
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.
However all children should be reading at home DAILY and bringing their reading records to school every day to change their books. Please sign your child's reading record each time they read at home. When your child has read their book 3 times (for shorter books) or once for longer books they can get a housepoint for their house team.
The children can change their reading books by popping into the reading book box in the mornings! Feel free to talk to us or write a message in their reading record if you feel their reading book is too easy or too challenging.
Ipads and iphones are a great way of engaging your children in learning in a fun way. Below are a list of apps you might want to look at with your child.