Miss Denning is the class teacher and our super teaching assistants are Mrs Woodall and Mrs Smith.
Mrs Parker-Scott will be taking the class on Thursdays every week.
We hope you had an enjoyable and sunny half term holiday! This last term we are going to be focusing on plants! We started growing sunflowers last term and our continuing our green fingered fun with planting beans this term! We will be looking at the classic adventure story Jack and the Beanstalk and will be doing lots of writing around it!
In Maths we will be focusing on getting the children really confident with their number, place value and addition and subtraction skills.
In Literacy we will be working on using exclamations, questions and extending our sentences by using 'and' or 'because'. We are going to be looking at fiction this term - doing lots of story maps, role play, hot-seating and drawing around Jack and the Beanstalk.
In Science we will continue our learning from science week and looking at how plants grow and change over time and what they need to thrive.
Our Learn4Life lessons on a Tuesday will be a chance to discuss PSHE issues such as staying safe and preparing for changes.
In Computing we will be learning how to code by using different computer programmes and beebots!
Read, Write, Inc. will be taught daily focusing on teaching the children the sounds that they need to begin to read confidently and fluently. If you would like any information on how we teach Phonics or how you can help your child with their Phonics learning at home, please get in touch or have a look at the information leaflet at the bottom of the page!
Below is some guidance to help you support your children's learning this year:
• Have conversations about what they have been learning that day/week.
• Discussing the termly topic and see if you can visit the library or perhaps look online to find out more about that topic.
• If you come across something interesting that is relevant to our learning feel free to bring it in for Show and Tell.
PE will be on Wednesday and Friday this term.
Please ensure that your child has a change of t-shirt, shorts and suitable P.E. shoes (daps). T shirts should be white and shorts should be black. As PE may take place outside, jogging bottoms can be worn on chilly days providing they are black.
• All children should be reading daily. Please ensure you sign your child's reading diary each time they read so that they can begin to earn points towards their reading certificates (which they love to receive during Celebration Assembly)
• Practise counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
• Practise writing letters, lists and anything that will help build your child's confidence with writing.
• Topic-based homework will be set termly and this is a great opportunity for you to help your child extend their learning at home.
There are lots of fantastic ipad and iphones games and apps that can help support your child's learning at home. Have a look at the links at the bottom of the page for more information.