Welcome to Onyx Class.
Mrs Ford (Wed-Fri) and Mrs Cooke (Mon-Tues) will be the teachers for Onyx class this year, supported by 2 classroom assistants in the morning, Mrs Pike & Mrs Smith and by Mrs Bishop in the afternoon.
Everyday, during the morning, the children will have a Writing session which includes Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG), a Reading lesson (this may be Read Write Inc. or may be guided reading) and a Maths lesson. The afternoons are mostly focussed around topic - History, Geography, Art, Design & Technology and Science. Computing will be taught as a discreet subject for specific skills as well as being used in other subjects, as will 'Learn for Life' our Personal, Social & Health Education programme. This year we are planning to teach the RE curriculum for 1 full day per term and Music will be taught in a Music week.
• All children should be reading daily. Please ensure you sign your child's reading diary each time they read so that they can begin to earn points towards their reading certificates (which they love to receive during Celebration Assembly)
• Topic-based homework will be set and this is a great opportunity for you to help your child extend their learning at home.
For additional learning opportunities such as,
- practising handwriting - we are beginning to join our letters in Year 2
- reading and spelling the Common Exception Words for Year 1 & 2
- times table practice
- number facts to 20/50/100
Please see the links below.
Autumn Term P.E Times:
Tuesdays will be PE mentoring from Up and Under Sports and we will also do PE on a Friday afternoon.
Please ensure that your child has a full PE kit which is left in school.
As always, if you have any queries, or you would like to have more information, please come and see us after school for a chat!